Java server monitoring with Nagios and Jolokia/Jmx4Perl
Jolokia/Jmx4Perl is a framework from ConSol* for consistent, detailed monitoring of heterogeneous Java server environments using Nagios. It provides informative reports on availability, performance and vulnerabilities. Jolokia/Jmx4Perl consists of an agent on the Java server-side and a Perl plug-in on the Nagios side.
- JMX monitoring of a variety of supported application servers
- Easy implementation of more complex checks
- Straightforward option of integrating additional monitoring parameters such as threads, database pools or garbage collection functions
- No Java installation on the Nagios server required
- High-performance JMX monitoring of large server landscapes thanks to bulk requests
- Granular security concepts for the query on measured values with regard to firewall boundaries
- JEE servers: Websphere, WebLogic, Glassfish, JBoss, Tomcat etc.
- OSGi agents: Felix, Equinox, Virgo etc.
- Various: Mule, JVM-JDK6 (Camel, ActiveMQ) etc.
- Others on request
The options to implement special application checks are diverse – we will gladly support you in monitoring your Java application!
- HTTP requests per minute
- Is the Web application running?
- CPU utilization of a Web application
- Sessions (active, rejected, life span, growth rate etc.)
- JMS message queue monitoring
- Inbound and outbound data transfer rate
- Database transfer tool usage
ConSol* provides advice and support for your monitoring solutions.
Open Monitoring Distribution (OMD) based on Shinken
As a provider and hosting partner of software solutions for air and sea freight operations and customs applications, Riege Software International cannot afford to experience failures in its globally distributed IT systems. Any time delays due to a systems failure would result in huge financial losses for Riege customers, who mainly ship containers worldwide…. more